At it’s most basic, STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Alternatively, STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math. Our STEM Program incorporate students’ knowledge and skills with hands on activities, in order to create a valuable and fun experience!
STEM & STEAM Summer Camps (Grade 1-3, 4-6, 7-9)
Our summer science camps are all about experiential learning and incorporate a mix of demonstrations, mentors, and hands on activities. The activities listed are all carefully deliberated on to provide our students with the most age appropriate and valuable learning experiences.
- Chemistry: Matter and its properties, physical and chemical changes, pure substances and mixtures, acids and bases and chemical reactions.
- Biology: Hands on opportunity to extract DNA. Understand sequence of bases in DNA.
- Math: Exploring geometry/ puzzles/ pattern recognition
- Physics: Explore Newton’s Three laws. Explore and create your own paper rockets. Balancing forces. Energy and renewable energy resources.
- Arts & Crafts: Exploring Science through Arts demonstrations
- Using science to make ice cream.
Animation (Grade 6-8)
Short term goal: To gain practical tools, to become proficient in ability to produce and self sufficient in research and learning moving forward.
Method: Exposure to high quality work, lectures for theories, video tutorials, tool practice, project based tasks for repetition, critical analysis
Tools required: Drawing Tablet, Toon Boom Harmony or Adobe Flash, Paper and Drawing Tools, Internet for Research
JAVA Programming (Grade 7-9)
- Explore the fundamentals of Java Programing
- Data Types (Primitive vs Reference)
- Arithmetic Expression
- Reading Input
- Comparison and Logic Operators
- If and Switch Statements
- For Loop and While Loop
- Design and implement simple programs to solve interesting problems