STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math. Led by a highly experienced scientist, APASS STEAM Club ((10-13 years old) incorporate students’ knowledge and skills with hands on activities. Our program implements GEO Inquiry process of National Geographic Learning to create a valuable and fun experience!
STEM & STEAM Summer Camps (Grade 1-3, 4-6, 7-9)
Our summer science camps are all about experiential learning and incorporate a mix of demonstrations, mentors, and hands on activities. The activities listed are all carefully deliberated on to provide our students with the most age appropriate and valuable learning experiences.
- Chemistry: Matter and its properties, physical and chemical changes, pure substances and mixtures, acids and bases and chemical reactions.
- Biology: Hands on opportunity to extract DNA. Understand sequence of bases in DNA.
- Math: Exploring geometry/ puzzles/ pattern recognition
- Physics: Explore Newton’s Three laws. Explore and create your own paper rockets. Balancing forces. Energy and renewable energy resources.
- Arts & Crafts: Exploring Science through Arts demonstrations
- Using science to make ice cream.
Animation (Grade 6-8)
Short term goal: To gain practical tools, to become proficient in ability to produce and self sufficient in research and learning moving forward.
Method: Exposure to high quality work, lectures for theories, video tutorials, tool practice, project based tasks for repetition, critical analysis
Tools required: Drawing Tablet, Toon Boom Harmony or Adobe Flash, Paper and Drawing Tools, Internet for Research
JAVA Programming (Grade 7-9)
- Explore the fundamentals of Java Programing
- Data Types (Primitive vs Reference)
- Arithmetic Expression
- Reading Input
- Comparison and Logic Operators
- If and Switch Statements
- For Loop and While Loop
- Design and implement simple programs to solve interesting problems